Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe
One of my all time favorite Thai dishes to make at home using the Thai Green Curry Paste!
One pack comes with 2 bags that can easily make up to 6-8 servings, perfect for big dinners or meal prepping.
- 3 deboned chicken legs or breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bamboo shoot, sliced
- 8 lime leaves
- 2 tbsp of chopped lemon grass (may substitute with pre-chopped frozen lemon grass)
- 1 Chinese egg plant cut into 2 inches then quartered (may substitute with other types of egg plants)
- 6 pieces of galangal
- 1 cup of fresh peas (may substitute with frozen peas well drained)
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 entire pack of Thai Green Curry Paste
- Cut chicken in small pieces and set aside
- Prep all veggies as indicated above
- Set all the vegetables aside
- Heat a pot with 1 tbsp of oil to sauté curry paste over medium heat for about 30 seconds
- Add 1.5 cans of coconut milk to the pot and stir, turn heat to high
- Add lemon grass, galangal, and chicken. Bring to boil then add all vegetables (if using frozen peas, add to the pot when vegetables are cooked)
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and some water until desired thickness
- Lastly add fish sauce to taste before you turn the heat off
- Serve and enjoy
Note: If using chicken breasts, cook the vegetables first. When half cooked, add the chicken breast so the meat will not taste overcooked.