How to Cook Boba
Have you ever wanted to make your own boba milk tea at home? Now you can!
Learn how to prepare boba in the comfort of your own kitchen and add this popular topping to your favorite drink.
- 1 cup uncooked Boba
- 3 tbsp honey or brown sugar
1. Use a medium size pot and bring water to boil. 1 cup of uncooked boba per 9-10 cups of water.
2. Pour boba into the pot and stir gently with a wooden spoon until boba float up to the surface.
3. Uncover and cook with medium heat for 20 minutes. Set your timer. Stir 2-3 times while boba is being cooked.
4. Turn heat off and cover with a lid undisturbed for 25 minutes. Set your timer.
5. Drain and rinse with cool water, then place boba in a container.
6. Add and stir 3 tbsp of honey or brown sugar per 1 cup of boba.
Note: To preserve and avoid boba sticking together, store at room temperature. It will be good for 4-6 hours.
7. Add to your favorite drinks and enjoy!
Note: Avoid storing cooked boba in the refrigerator. This will change the texture of the boba and it will no longer be chewy.