Miso Soup Recipe
A staple part of Japanese cuisine. Learn how to make authentic and delicious Miso Soup at home with this quick and easy recipe!
- 4 tbsp white miso paste
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ tsp Ajinomoto Hondashi Bonito Soup Stock
- 1 green onion
- 1 tbsp Fueru Wakame Dried Seaweed
- 7 oz soft or medium firm tofu
- Cut the tofu into ½ in cubes and set aside.
- Finely chop the green onion and set aside.
- Bring the water to boil, then turn to medium-low heat.
Transfer ½ cup of the boiled water into a small bowl. Add miso into the bowl and stir gently. Make sure the miso paste is completely dissolved.
Note: I usually use the back of a spoon to help break up the miso paste.
- Add Hondashi into the pot and stir. Once it is dissolved, add in tofu and miso liquid. Use a wooden spoon to gently stir the soup.
Continue to cook with medium-low heat for about 2 minutes or until it’s hot, then add in dried seaweed.
Note: Avoid bringing the miso soup to boil, it loses flavor and aroma. Taste the soup if it is to your liking, you can always add more water or Hondashi to your taste.
- Turn heat off once the dry seaweed appears rehydrated.
- Add chopped green onion right before serving.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!